Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day

I tried to post for Mother's Day earlier in the week and it has disappeared into the blogosphere, so let's try this again. Since my last post, I have read fellow bloggers posts and thought about what I could say differently in this post.
Here's who I have to thank for Mother's Day:
1) God - for allowing me to parent this bundle of blessings and lessons. I knew I would love my child, but I never knew I would love her a big lump in my throat and tear in my eye everytime I looked at her, held her, listened to her speak or sing or breathe, spanked her, reconciled, and did it all over again the next hours and days. Thank You for our little blessing.
2) My grandmother and mother for being shining examples of the mother I would LOVE to be to Kensley (this is CLEARLY a work in progress for me).
3) My dad for always deferring the praise of parenting and its hard work to my mother. In doing so, he revealed how highly he valued my mother's efforts to parent and to maintain a household while he was away and how he appreciated co-parenting with her. My parents worked diligently(and still do!) to be the best they could be for us and to make us great people. I definitely don't want to disappoint them, especially this late in the game with their new favorite person in the world under my care.
4) My inlaws for giving me the greatest husband I would EVER care to co-parent with
5) My husband for supporting me and the effort it takes to parent a mini-me while also living with me. There are no awards great enough (or anyone else crazy enough)!
So, with all of this said, we were able to meet up with Mimi and Nanna and Pop at Carrabba's on Mother's Day. It was short, but it was sweet and we will relish any little bit we get! Kensley (thankfully!) didn't tell Nanna and Mimi what their present was, but she couldn't wait for them to open up! Afterward, Mimi, Nanna, and Pop had presents for the rest of us. Kensley got a huge goody bag full of princess stuff, pajamas, stampers, book, and a maganifying glass. She loved it all!

No comments: