Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kensley-isms, Take II

Sleeping on her pillow from Uncle Rob
Sleeping in her big girl bed. How sweeeeet she is when she sleeps!
Getting ready for church
Raggamuffin in combat boots. Awesome!
Little Miss Picasso with her new little desk
I promised I would post more as it came back to me. I am still sitting here thinking about how funny Kensley can be and the instances aren't scarce! My memory is apparently a thing of the past.
  • Mike flew solo last night with his daddy duties and he told me about this: They were in Publix last night. It was raining cats and dogs and Kensley had her raincoat on when a booty-shakin' song came on. Mike said that, between the produce and dairy kiosks, Kensley tossed open her raincoat like a flasher and proceeded to shake her booty to the song. She is impulsive and definitely dances to the beat of her own little drum.
  • On a sweet, sweet note, I went to wake Kensley up from her nap. As I laid my head on her pillow, my hair fell onto my face. Kensley gently pushed my hair back out of my face and gave me the sweetest (stinky breath) kiss on my cheek. awwwww.
  • Backseat driver: This is a gene passed down from generations on her mother's side. We were on our way to the Y and traffic stopped abruptly. Kensley immediately chimed in, "Whoooaaaaa, Mommy! You be safe. Go very gently. Ok, Mommy? You need to drive gently, riiiiiiiight, Mommy?" Mike also reported that a dog was chasing a cat across the street last night which also warranted a sudden stop. This time all Kensley could must was an, "ERRRRRRRRTTT!"
  • I found a steal on Craigslist for a little, plastic pupil desk and Kensley loooooves it, which makes my teaching heart so happy. She loves to sit and color or paint or look at her new Highlights Magazine.
  • Recently, Miss Animated has exuded her disdain for things with a simply scrunch of her nose, Elvis lip, and and short little, "Ew."
  • We have told Kenley that she can't have gum until she is 5. Whenever she thinks she wants gum she tells us, "I am 5 years old. I can have gum. PLEASE! May I have some gum, please?!?!" She hasn't won that battle yet.
  • Kensley looooooves Kenny Chesney. She can hear him on the radio and shout, "Mommy!!! That's Kenny!" I am hoping he reads this blog and will invite us for a concert on him. :) I don't know which of the three of us would be more ecstatic!

I will repost to this as I remember (ha!) more - or am reminded of more.

1 comment:

KimPossible said...

Cute!! I can remember when my nieces were that age. Everything that comes out of their mouth is a riot! So sweet ;o)