Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hot Days and Cool Times

We are still living it up in ATL. Kensley, Libby, and I have had the best time hanging with family. Kensley has become quite the outgoing one anywhere we go! She will say, "Heeey!" "Hi!" or "Hello!" She will generally narrate her day after that while we fill in any gaps or misunderstandings for strangers. Speaking of, Kensley has turned on the switch to coherent talking. She has had a decent vocabulary for some time now, but she is rapidly stringing her thoughts together to make phrases upon phrases. It happened overnight. Now, I really feel for all of my past teachers; she talks as much as I did!!! (I use "did" because I can barely get a word in edge-wise anymore!) Kensley had her first opportunity with Play-Doh. It was a success!
This picture has a couple of thoughts: 1) Cutie in the curlers. Turns out, I didn't leave them in long enough, so there was minimal curl. Kensley enjoyed every secong of this playtime 2) Those INCISORS!!!
HANG TIME! Kensley's newest love is hanging. She does it at the playground and has extended onto any object anywhere, anytime. She loves to hang like a monkey...and will even provide endless giggles or monkey noises for your enjoyment.
Fimmin'. Kensley absolutely LOVES the water...any water! Hopefully we harness some of this passion and put it constructively toward actual swimming and RESPECT for the water. In the meantime, we are super-vigilant keeping all eyes and hands on her around the water.
Fimmin' with my little buddy.

1 comment:

The Phillips said...

Oh Lou Ellen...Kensley looks like such a doll and fun to be around!!! How much longer will you be in ATL? I would LOVE to try and meet up somehow!!