Monday, September 6, 2010

Life As We Knew It...

... is completely different! This past week, I accepted a co-teacher position in first grade at a local school that will hopefully turn into my own classroom in the future. With that came Kensley transferring preschools, dates, and times. She previously went from 8:45 to 1:45 on Tuesdays and Thursday and now she will go to a Christian preschool from 7-3 daily. Kensley will also wear a uniform - pictures will come. Not a bit of this was in "our plan" for this year, but apparently there are bigger things in store for us as everything miraculously fell into place as this job unsuspectingly became available. We are very excited for things to come!
Also this weekend, Mike thought it would be a good idea to convert Kensley's toddler bed into a full-size bed since she was such a big girl and deliberately chopped up all of her "bops." I don't have pictures of that yet, either. Converting the bed wasn't on my radar, so I hadn't researched/decided on little girl bedding.
A note about "bops" (Kensley's term of endearment for her pacifier): We've asked on many occasions to get rid of the "bop," but Kensley just wasn't ready and I was too afraid of other outcomes to press the matter. On Friday, she was in control - she got to decide how many pieces and where to cut them - and she was READY! What a great weekend for some big girl milestones!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Can't wait for uniform pics!