Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Bye, Mom! See You Later!"

That's all she said after a hurried smooch and our little Kensley was off to the world of school. It's preschool for our big girl and was she ever ready!!! Many of Kensley's friends have gone to preschool, which has given her an itch. Having a later birthday, I held her back so she could start with the kids with whom she'll be going to public school. Kensley's teacher seems very compassionate and super-excited to start the school year with the little ones and we are so happy for a positive start to Kensley's school experiences.
**I forgot to mention that upon entering her classroom, Kensley told her teacher, "This is my mom. She is here right now, but she isn't staying today." Ms. Marlo looked at me as if to explain and I did... "Yes, I am Mom, but I won't be staying today like I did for Open House." Kensley was clearly ready for this new indepdence.