Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's Christmastime at The Marlatts!

I just couldn't stand it. I decorated the house the weekend before Thanksgiving. Generally, I would have waited. However, Mike was away, so I gave myself permission to crank up the Christmas tunes and knock out my decorating since we would be away for Thanksgiving weekend. This has been a great Christmas - already! Kensley just loves all of the lights everywhere from Main Steet to our home. She tells me often how "beautiful" our tree is and how much she likes it.

~Kensley helping decorate~

Our "one finger rule" was overturned this season when it came to touching the tree as I happened upon Kensley gathering my ornaments from the tree and putting them in her sand bucket. Uh, no! Later that evening when Kensley showed Nanna and Pop the tree over the phone, Kensley told Pop, "Do not touch the tree AT ALL!" This was a direct quote from her mother only hours earlier. Since then, Kensley has been tempted, but has been VERY good about not touching the tree "at all!"


Over the weekend, a neighbor informed us about the town's annual Christmas parade, which we absolutely flew by the seat of our pants to make it there. It started at 5:30 and we left here at 5:15. Mike's super-duper parking skills came in handy and he snagged an awesome parking spot right by the town Christmas Tree. Kensley loved the parade, the candy everyone threw from the floats, and BEADS! There was a sweet family who shared their spot with us to absorb some candy. Just the right attitude, especially for the holiday season. Ahhhhh. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays one and all!

Kensley and Daddy
We three Waving to the parade stars!

A sweet family shared their spot with Kensley so she could score some candy.

1 comment:

Cricket said...

Your tree is beautiful! and Ms. Kensley is so cute!!! I loved the 'no touch rule' lol, the same has been put into practice in our house as well.
The parade sounds like it was fun! I hope we get the chance to make it next year when Bper is a little bit older.
Hope to see you two soon :)