After the birthday bash and while the boys were on their bird-shootin' bonanza in SD, we headed south to see Grandmama. We hadn't seen her since February and it was overdue!
While we were on US-319 from Albany to Coolidge, we saw this Police Truck with his lights just a-blinking, but cars were passing it. We merged over to the left lane and gawked and rubber-necked to see the frenzy. We were surprised to see a Duluth Police Truck (about 230 miles out of its jurisdiction), a van, a large man on a road bike, then the GA State Trooper in front of him with his lights a-blinkin', too! I immediately knew this was a ride in honor of or for something and got all teary-eyed. Since Mike's marathon, I have such a soft-spot for people who commit to run, bike, swim, etc. an astronomical distance to honor or memorialize someone/something. In this case, the Duluth PD had its 2nd Honor Ride for fallen soldier, Lt. Michael Murphy. I looked all of this up on their website as the suspense just consumed me until I had answers. I am so proud of them and thankful for their dedication! See the video from their journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment