Monday, March 17, 2008

Just Like Me


Kensley is surely into the mimicking stage. Recently, I was drinking my coffee and noticed that Kensley would watch the cup with excitement, then get a little irked when I would drink from it. Remembering what my neighbor had experienced with their little girl who is 6 weeks older, I got a training cup out and gave it to Kensley. Sure enough, when she got it, she pulled it right up to her little lips. She was "officially" having coffee with Mommy and Libby and became content. [sigh]


A few days later, Kensley decided she was ready to eat oatmeal or cereal just like Mommy with the same sort of interaction before I realized what was taking place. So, when I was finished with my oatmeal, I gave Kensley my clean spoon and it was instant gratification. Also during this week, she was eating more and waking up at night again to eat (after a month of sleeping through the night). I spoke with Mike and asked him to bring home cereal for us to try that night. It worked like a charm. The soupy mixture was grrrreat! She loved sitting in her highchair and actually being able to eat something. We are taking the "solids" verrrrry slowly, simply because "they" recommend introducing at 6 months, not 4.5 months.

Kensley has yet to roll over for the camera and seems to be on a bit of a hiatus where that is concerned, anyway. I was warned about such, so I am not [really] concerned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, it won't be long until she actually wants to drink YOUR coffee. William and I have shared many cups of coffee (decaf of course). She is looking so adorable!!

The Phillips said...

Lou Ellen, you look GREAT!! And Kensley is sooo beautiful and full of life...can't wait to meet her!!!